Honey is rich in skin-saving antioxidants and other antibacterial properties that makes it an incredible and inexpensive DIY solution to unhealthy skin.
The four main benefits of it provides to your skin are,
- Acne: Honey is naturally antibacterial, so it’s great for acne treatment and prevention.
- Aging: Full of antioxidants, it is great for slowing down aging.
- Complexion boost: It is extremely moisturizing and soothing, so it helps create a glow.
- Pores: Honey is clarifying because it opens up pores making them easy to unclog.
To effectively moisturize your skin, try this DIY Moisturizing Honey Facial and experience a glowing and radiant skin for yourself!
1. Oh, Honey! Purifying Cleansing Oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 large ripe strawberries
- 1 tablespoon almond or grape seed oil
Mix ingredients together in a bowl. Utilizing the enzymes of strawberries, create cleansing oil that wont strip the skin. Allow oil to sit on your face for a few minutes, then rinse off with warm water and towel dry.
2. Grits and Honey Scrub ( A HollyBeth Original)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon grits (can also use oats, ground nuts, coffee beans)
- ½ teaspoon of your favorite oil (lavender, peppermint, almond, etc.)
Mix ingredients together in a bowl. Spread the mixture onto your face using circular motions on cheeks, chin and forehead to slough dead skin cells. Massage into the skin for 2 minutes, then rinse off with warm water and towel dry.
3. Even Out Skin Toner
- 1 ½ tablespoons witch hazels
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon honey
Mix the ingredients and use a spray bottle to mist on your skin. Leave toner on skin.
4. “Milk n Honey” Pore Refining Mask
- 2 teaspoons full fat Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 drops lavender (or favorite essential oil)
Mix ingredients in a bowl and apply using hands. Let dry for 20 minutes. Rinse with warm water and towel dry.